A couple months ago our niece was here visiting with her family and she asked us a great question. Knowing that we’d be leaving Portlandia in (holy shit!) less than 18 months she asked:
- What are 4 things that you haven’t done yet that you want to do before you leave?
- What are 4 things that you want to be sure to do again before you leave?
Mr. Grumby and I looked at each other and came up with a few ideas, but told her that we’d have to think about it. So, Melissa, here you have it. The answer to your questions right here at Grumbysonthemove. We came up with seven answers for each question and are eager to hear some input from our readers. Hopefully this post and any comments will also give visitors to Portland a few interesting ideas.
- Grand Floral Parade
(yes, we’ve both lived here well over a decade and 2017 was the first time we went to see this great Portland tradition)
- Portland Movies in the Park
- Oregon Historical Society
- Oregon Coast Railriders
- Ride our bikes to at least 2 new parks for weekend picnics
- Walk up and down NE Alberta Street to check out all of the cool murals
- Lunch at one of Portland’s food cart pods
Things to do Again
Go for a hike the the gorge with friends we met on 2005 Mt. Hood climb
- Hike the Eagle Creek trail with friends
- Dinner at Bernie’s Southern Bistro
- Ride the Leif Erickson-Saltzman Road loop
- Visit the Oregon coast
- Lunch at Kennedy School (where we had our wedding party)
- Go to a movie at Hollywood Theater
The best thing about checking these things off our list is that we’ll be able to share some of these experiences with friends and family.
If you live in or have visited Portland, we’d love your feedback. Please add some bucket list suggestions in the comments section.